Get Social with Us!
Tuesday - Saturday: 10AM-4PM
ARTIST ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
• Artists accepted to display and sell in the gallery on an ongoing basis are expected become members of the gallery by paying the membership fee, completing a Membership Application and Artist Contract;
• Artists 18 years and older living in the Peninsula and Tidewater region;
• Eligible 2D work includes watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, encaustic, mixed media, printmaking and stained glass;
• Eligible 3D work includes clay and porcelain pottery and sculpture, fiber arts, basketry, decorative painted items, woodturning, jewelry, sculpture in wood, metal, glass or mixed media;
• All entries must be for sale;
• The gallery is responsible for collecting and paying the 6% Virginia sales tax;
• On the Hill Gallery reserves the right to exclude artwork that may be inappropriate for all audiences;
• Although every care will be taken by the gallery, liability cannot be assumed for loss or damage of submitted works. It is suggested that artists wishing protection insure their works independently;
• Unless notification in writing is provided to the contrary, it is understood that images of accepted artwork may be photographed and reproduced for promotional purposes;
• Works must be original, completed within the last two years and may not infringe upon another’s copyright;
• If photo references are used, they must be the artist’s own or used by permission of the photographer;
• In addition to staffing the gallery, as members, artists are encouraged to become involved by serving on a committee, teaching, demonstrating techniques or lecturing. On the Hill Gallery provides a unique opportunity for the artist members to benefit from having a presence in the gallery and the arts community.
Participating Artist Applications
• Jury will consist of at least three members of the YAF Gallery Operations Committee;
• For the present time, all work must be brought in to the gallery to be juried. Digital images are not acceptable for the jury process;
• If you have a specific question about what is acceptable/unacceptable, please read “On the Hill Gallery Standards”, which addresses details regarding individual media;
• Artists must complete the Artist Application to Exhibit in the Gallery, Artist Questionnaire, and Artist Inventory Sheet for submitted art work;
• If available, please provide a resume and artist statement;
• Artists who wish to jury, may do so by submitting an application by mail, e-mail, or in person at On the Hill Gallery, 402 Main St., Yorktown, VA. We will contact you and schedule an appointment.